After you’ve been injured in an accident, you may feel extremely overwhelmed. On top of physical injuries, you may be dealing with emotional trauma and financial pressure. You’re left to tackle mounting medical bills, sometimes while out of work. For these reasons and more, it’s in your best interest to consult with a qualified Oklahoma personal injury attorney. He or she can help you to get the compensation that you deserve in order to lift your burden and move forward.
Should You Bring Anything?
Setting up your first appointment with an attorney can be intimidating. When you’re getting ready for your meeting, you will get more out of your appointment if you come prepared. This means bringing any applicable or helpful documents or evidence that you can, such as:
- The police accident report
- Ambulance and hospital admittance reports
- Personal statement
- Medical bills
- Other medical reports
- Insurance policies
If you don’t have all of the necessary documents, not to worry! Your attorney is there to let you know what they need and will further instruct you.
What Questions Should You Ask?
Since you want to get as much as possible out of the limited time that you have during the meeting, it’s in your best interest to have a list of questions you want to ask. Some questions to consider asking may include:
- What evidence can I provide?
- In your professional opinion, is it worth it to take legal action on my claim?
- What are the attorney fees?
- How will I be compensated if my case is successful?
- If I want to settle out of court, what are my options?
- While awaiting the settlement, what should I do?
- How long do you think my case will take to complete?
- What happens after litigation if my case should come to that?
- How can I best reach you in the future?
- Do you have any references with whom I can speak?
What Questions Should You Be Prepared to Answer?
When you meet with your attorney for the first time, you won’t be the only one asking questions. They will ask you questions to help determine your best legal options and to provide you with advice. You may be asked any of the following:
- When and where did the accident take place?
- What were the weather conditions?
- At what time of day did the accident occur?
- What vehicle were you driving?
- What is the vehicle year?
- Is the vehicle up-to-date on service and maintenance?
- Are you able to describe what happened?
- How were you injured? (Which injuries did you suffer?)
- Have you dealt with any pain?
- Did you have existing injuries prior to the accident?
- Are you having a hard time focusing at work?
- Have you missed work at all?
- What treatments/course of action did your doctor recommend?
Graves McLain Can Help
If you have been injured in an accident, you should not have to pay for someone else’s mistakes. There is no charge for Graves McLain to review your case. If we represent you, we will handle your case on a contingency fee basis (calculated as a percentage of the recovery we obtain). Call the experienced Oklahoma personal injury attorneys at Graves McLain at 918-359-6600. Trust our team. We’re here to help.
Graves McLain – Serious Lawyers For Serious Injuries.