The end of the summer is marked by one of the biggest holiday weekends of the year. Labor Day weekend is one of the most dangerous and busiest weekends to be driving on the road.
According to the National Safety Council, an estimated 405 fatalities and thousands of injuries will occur on America’s roadways due to negligent drivers this Labor Day. The car accident lawyers at Graves McLain are committed to educating the public on driving safe. In order to ensure a safe, accident-free Labor Day weekend, follow these tips.
– If driving long distances, prepare your car. Make sure to service your car’s radiator and cooling system. Check your fluids and wipers. Taking time to perform simple maintenance on your car can help avoid most problems that strand motorists.
– Plan ahead. Map out your destination route, being careful to mark road signs and exit numbers. Be aware of drivers who cut across lanes in order to make their exit ramp.
– Avoid traffic by leaving early. With millions of people on the road this Labor Day weekend, there are bound to be delays. Know your limitations and don’t drive if you are too tired.
– Beware of tractor-trailers. Do not cut them off because they are heavier and take longer to make a complete stop. Avoid traveling in a tractor trailer’s blind spot and be sure to share the road responsibly.
– Wear a seatbelt. The National Safety Council estimates hundreds of lives could be saved each Labor Day if all drivers and passengers wear a seatbelt. The Council also states that the best defense against a drunk driver is to buckle up.
– Avoid using your cell phone, iPod, or global positioning system while driving. Focus on the road and avoid all distractions, and never turn towards the back seat to converse with another passenger. Distracted drivers injure and kill thousands each year.
– Don’t drink and drive. The 2014 national drunk driving enforcement crackdown “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” goes into effect across the country from August 13 to September 1, 2014.
The car accident injury lawyers at Graves McLain are passionate about educating the public on driving responsibly.
Graves McLain Tulsa Oklahoma car accident lawyers have represented too many seriously injured children and adults who were victims of negligent drivers.
If you or a loved one has been injured because of the reckless actions of a negligent driver, contact Graves McLain car accident lawyers so that we can represent you in your time of need, and help you recover the maximum compensation.
Graves McLain Tulsa accident lawyers are experienced in handling claims against negligent drivers. We have helped many Oklahomans and we may be able to help you too.
Call Graves McLain Tulsa accident lawyers at 918-359-6600 for a free consultation.
Graves McLain, helping Oklahomans every day seek the justice they deserve.